Re: Passing Events from SmartSet

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Passing Events from SmartSet
From: Don Davis <don_davis@att.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:03:47 -0400
Bob,
You can't do it that way. If you do a "nvUtil l <smartset>" you will see that
it only contains
the location container objects, not the nodes within the containers.

You need to build your smartset(s) similar to the way you configured
location.conf for your location containers.
The subnet addresses must all be explicitly declared (no wild cards)
Here is a (Text Editor) example:
((IN_SUBNET 100.101.102.0) || (IN_SUBNET 200.201.202.0))
Just keep repeating the (IN_SUBNET n.n.n.n) until you have all of the
subnets defined for the smartset.

Don Davis