Passing Events from SmartSet

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Passing Events from SmartSet
From: "Gallagher, Bob" <bob.gallagher@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:42:17 -0400
I have need to build a SmartSet with a large number of sites. These sites
are distributed into three location containers. Each location has about 80
routers. In building my ruleset for passing only those events from this
SmartSet, I am having trouble getting the events. If I put the specific node
into the SmartSet and do a trapd test using that node IP or hostname, I get
the event in the event window. If the node is contained in the location
container and the location container is in the SmartSet, I do not see the
event. Suggestions?

Using NV 6.0.1
AIX 4.3.3
RS6000 H80

Robert Gallagher, VP
Systems Engineer Consultant
First Citizens Bank & Trust Co.
100 East Tryon Rd. DAC22
Raleigh, NC 27603
Ph.   919-716-8206
Pager.919-565-7622

This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
intended solely for the use of individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering
the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender by return mail.