Recreate NetView Icon in Tivoli Desktop

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Recreate NetView Icon in Tivoli Desktop
From: jtho@ch.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 17:18:56 +0200

Hi,

we are running NV 6.0.2 on Solaris 8  and Tivoli Framework 3.6.2. The
NetView server is a managed node.
Now some guys here want to install a new TMR to implement Framework 3.7B.
But they want to do a fresh installation and no upgrade!!! Discussions
impossible.
So I have some questions:
How do i get back the NetView Icon on my new Tivoli Desktop?
Is it possible to delete the managed node on the NetView server and
reinstall a new managed node without any impact on NetView?
After removing the old "3.6.2" managed node and before the installation of
the new 3.7 managed node, is it possible to work with NetView?
What do I have to do on NV side?

Thanks for your answers

Best regards,

joerg