Event Viewer Question ....

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Event Viewer Question ....
From: "Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal@erac.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 09:39:55 -0500
Hello Everyone.

NetView 6.0.2 on AIX 4.3.3.

You all know when a node down event or interface down event appears in the
Event Viewer, you can highlight the event and then "right click" on the
event and choose "Highlight node on the map". However, when I choose
"Highlight node on the map" for an affected Cisco router NetView opens the
Cisco SmartSet that contains the router. I wonder if there is a way to take
you directly to the topology view or location object containing the router?
Event suppression or Router Fault Isolation is not enabled.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Ray Westphal