Re: Problems with Mouse/Exceed

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problems with Mouse/Exceed
From: "Ken Karasek" <kgkarase@hewitt.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 17:04:34 -0500

I use Exceed 6.2. You'll need to highlight the node, depress and hold the CTRL
key while then depressing the two mouse buttons.

|--------+------------------------------->
|        |          "Ed Boos"            |
|        |          <edboos@us.ibm.com>  |
|        |                               |
|        |          05/03/2001 04:08 PM  |
|        |          Please respond to IBM|
|        |          NetView Discussion   |
|        |                               |
|--------+------------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------|
  |      To:   IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>              |
  |      cc:                                                      |
  |      Client:                                                  |
  |      Subject:   Re: [NV-L] Problems with Mouse/Exceed         |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------|

Try simultaneously clicking both the right, and left mouse buttons, instead
of the middle button.

          IBM eServer iSeries 400
          Large Network Environment
                    9W5/025-2/E106
           Rochester MN        8-553-4033
           edboos@us.ibm.com

                    George
                    Demcak/Salem/I       To:     nv-l@tkg.com
                    BM@IBMUS             cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     [NV-L] Problems with
Mouse/Exceed
                    owner-nv-l@tkg
                    .com

                    05/03/01 03:44
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to IBM NetView
                    Discussion

I know that this is not a forum for Hummingbird Exceed problems.... but I
am having difficulty in Netview with my mouse middle button - can't drag
and drop (sounds like a dance from the 50s) the event window, move icons in
the ruleset editor, etc.. I've searched the Exceed help and done internet
searches to no avail. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any ideas?

I am using Netview 6.02 on AIX4.3.3; Hummingbird Exceed 4.00.5000 with a
mouse that has 3 buttons/scroll key; windows NT desktop.