codepoint expansion in trap configuration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: codepoint expansion in trap configuration
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 19:56:23 +0100
I am trying to determine what reference NetView uses if you do trap
customisation with the $%n syntax.  It seems to successfully expand
error codepoints sent by trapgend into text - the question is what it
looks in to find these expansions???

Looking in /usr/OV/conf, mnpcodes.desc looks like a good possibility,
but can anyone confirm this??  I've searched through all the pdf manuals
and the only hit I get anywhere is in the Install&Config guide which
lists mnpcodes.desc as a file that migrates if you do a migration -
that's it.

Thanks, Jane

--
Tivoli Certified Enterprise Consultant & Instructor
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565