Re: tme 10 - Netview on Solaris.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: tme 10 - Netview on Solaris.
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 23:26:05 -0400
Jaiprasad, what you describe is not normal, and I have never seen it
(and I have seen a lot!). Please make sure you are on the latest level
of the code. Do you have more than one map? Are you manually
deleting the interfaces, or are they disappearing by themselves? Are
these HSRP interfaces? And when you do 'Monitor...Network Configuration
...Addresses', and 'Monitor...MIB Info...Interfaces' do the missing
interfaces show in the lists? That is, does the agent report the interfaces
every time? Another thing:  Do the problem devices have very large numbers
of interfaces - maybe 70 or more? In that case you must convert to
the Turbo format (see Appendix G in the Install Manual.) Are these
unnumbered interfaces, and if so, is unnumbered support enabled
in netmon configuration, and is the remote router in the map? Is it
possible that there is a duplicate address somewhere? There will
be mention of it in the trapd.log if that is the case. There is
a lot of information in the netmon man page and netmon configuration
online help regarding discovery problems.

Detroit

pjaipras@in.ibm.com@tkg.com on 05/04/2001 08:01:22 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com