NV 6.0.2 vs TMNC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NV 6.0.2 vs TMNC
From: "Van Order, Drew (US - Hermitage)" <dvanorder@deloitte.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 18:10:50 -0400
Hi all,

We've just had a little shock---been informed that support for Tivoli
Manager for Network Connectivity is gone effective within 30 days or so. Our
account team states that this functionality has been rolled into NV
6.0.2--we're still on 5.1.2.

A look at the release notes indicates Router Fault Isolation as a feature
within netmon, and the description to me does not indicate that it would
match TMNC in terms of functionality. Has anyone out there gone from TMNC to
NV 6? How has it worked for you? We love the simplicity of TMNC, the ability
to auto-close TEC events, and the low maintenance. We're pretty disgusted,
to be honest--we found about this accidentally, never received any
notification that this was coming. It makes one want to buy OpenView and
drop SMARTS on top of it.

Thanks!

Drew Van Order
Enterprise Systems Management
615.882.7836

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this

[...]

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.