Netmon does not detect connections from or to our Firewall

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netmon does not detect connections from or to our Firewall
From: John Mackney <john.mackney@uk.logical.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 15:01:13 +0100
Netmon has detected the network on our side of our firewall - and with the
help of the netmon.seed file, our customers devices on the far side of our
firewall. However, our map now has two disconnected groups of systems, with
no links showing either the firewall, or the routers on the far side.

We can happily ping and telnet to all the nodes on the other side of the
firewall, but we do not see them in the map. Can anyone say if this is a
firewall problem (ports not opened) or do we need to do something else to
see these connectors.

Thanks

John Mackney
Technical Design Authority