6.0.2 Event Suppression

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: 6.0.2 Event Suppression
From: "Van Order, Drew (US - Hermitage)" <dvanorder@deloitte.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 09:19:21 -0500
Hi,

Has anyone moved from TMNC to Event Suppression? We are under a real tight
deadline, and not much time to experiment, nor should we have to, given the
promise that we will have the same functionality!

The issue: Event Suppression generates multiple events at TEC, while TMNC
gave one. That's why we bought it. For example, lose a node, you get both
IF_Down and Node_Down. Lose a segment, you get Network_Critical and IF_Down.
In addition, the events are auto-closing, yet no rule exists in our RB to
close OV events.

We've got a PMR open as well--the idea behind TMNC was to get an easy to
maintain solution that delivered, cost was not an issue. Our directive is to
get out of the rule writing business, and I'm 99% sure the word back will be
'write a TEC or NV rule'. If one is offered already, please let me
know---nvserverd.rls and the sample NV rulesets do not appear to do what we
need. Bottom line--no time for a learning curve right now.

Thanks!

Drew Van Order
Enterprise Systems Management
615.882.7836

- This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information

[...]

- This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  - If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.