RE: Missing Nortel Symbol Files

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Missing Nortel Symbol Files
From: Dean Sullinger <DSullinger@dot.state.az.us>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 10:52:14 -0700
Huh?  This is what I wanted to do in the first place but, when I tried it,
the box I wanted to upgrade too had nothing but the Solaris OS and when I
installed 60, it would never recognize the backed up 511 database.  When I
called Tivoli, they said I should just install 511 on the box and then run
the backup and then upgrade to 60.... so this is what I am attempting.

I did this once and had it working on Solaris 8, but the people at Nortel
said that Optivity 91 was not supported on Solaris 8, so I had to start over
with Solaris 7.  Once I got Sol7 installed, Nortel called and said we could
always try it on Sol8 and it might work.... CRAP!!@!   Thanks for telling me
AFTER I wiped it all out!  (sorry for venting).

Thanks