Re: Re: MIB Data Collection

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Re: MIB Data Collection
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand@kardinia.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 15:58:27 +1000
At 05:28 PM 16-05-01 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>thanks for answer,
>I have another problem: I put locIFInCRC in mib.coerce file and I verified
>that now it behaves like a counter, but when I make an expression with this
>MIB variable (for example multipling for 3600) the expression behaves like
>an integer and when I collect it I cannot get its rate of change.
>Is there I way  to force an expression containig locIfInCRC to behave like
>a counter?
>Thank you all
>
>Fabio Zuffranieri
>IBM Global Services-ITS
>Via Sciangai 53-Rome 00144-ITALY
>email:zuffranieri@it.ibm.com

Well, one way to do this is with our product Kardinia Performance Reporter
for NetView.  You can define the expression in it as a Metric and, provided
you have coerced the MIB variable, our Metric will treat it as a counter.
You can download a copy of the product for a free 30 day trial from our web
site, www.kardinia.com, or email me for more information.

Joe Fernandez
Kardinia Software
jfernand@kardinia.com