MIB Data Collection

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: MIB Data Collection
From: zuffranieri@it.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 16:59:12 +0200

Hi all,

my environment is Netview Aix 6.0.1 on Aix 4.3.3.
I'm collecting certain Mibs for performance reports. When I collect any
MIB2 variable, like ifInErrors or ifInOctets, I find in row data (I see it
in  /usr/OV/databases/snmpcollect with snmpColDump)  the rate of change of
MIB variable.
The problem is this: when I collect Cisco MIB variables, in particular
locIfInCRC (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.2.1.1.12), I find the absolute value. Does
anyone know why? How could I do to get rate of change value?
Thanks

Fabio Zuffranieri
IBM Global Services-ITS
Via Sciangai 53-Rome 00144-ITALY