Re: Problems with upgrading from 5.1.3 to 6.0 to 6.0.2

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problems with upgrading from 5.1.3 to 6.0 to 6.0.2
From: Gareth_Holl@tivoli.com
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 11:59:21 -0400
stop all daemons including nvsecd
source your Tivoli environment variables:
.  /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh
restart the daemons using /etc/netnmrc script

Gareth Holl
Software Engineer
gholl@tivoli.com

Tivoli Systems / IBM Corporation
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.    1-800-TIVOLI-8

Bernard Disselborg <bdisselb@triple-p.nl>@tkg.com on 05/14/2001 10:46:34 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] Problems with upgrading from 5.1.3 to 6.0 to 6.0.2

Hi,

I *was* running NetView 5.1.3 on a AIX 4.3 system.
I'm trying to upgrade the system to NetView 6.0 and subsequently to 6.0.2.

The upgrade to 6.0 fails with the message below.
When I'm trying to start ovwdb with ovstart ovwdb manually, I'm getting the
same error message.
What does exit code 255 mean ?
I can start ovwdb with: /usr/OV/bin/ovwdb, it comes back with the message:
Opened openview.

Has anybody seen this before ?

Thanks in advance.

Bernard

_________________________________

  object manager name: ovwdb
  behavior:            OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
  state:               NOT_RUNNING
  PID:                 12848
  last message:
  exit status:         exit(255)

ERROR:   Unable to start ovwdb with ovstart.
ERROR:   Unable to start ovwdb with ovstart.
ERR_0003_050
ERR_0003_050
+ dspmsg -s 5 nv6000.cat 9999 customize:    Failing customize with exit
code %s\
n 2
+ 1>> /tmp/update.log
customize:    Failing customize with exit code 2
ERROR:     Customize script for fileset OVWIN exited with code 2.
ERR_cfgbf_001
nvconfigbf:    Failing doing configuration with exit code 2
base:    Failure running script or command
'/usr/OV/install/tools/nvconfigbf'
ERR_bcfg_210
base:    Failing base.config with exit code 2