Re: Highlight node on map...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Highlight node on map...
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 20:14:38 -0400
I learned something new last week! Maybe everyone else already
knew, but since I always used View...Protocols to navigate from
Smartsets to the IP Map, I did not know this. On Solaris, I found
that View..Protocols is not available. BUT... if you drill down
into the node, and then on the Right-Mouse-Button context menu
select 'Show Parent', it does not take you back to the Smartset,
it takes you to a segment or network submap where the node exists!
This is very nice. Provided of course that the Smartset is not so
crowded that you cannot get a grip on the node.... Check it out.

Detroit

I don't think you can control that. Maybe it goes by highest object id or
something. What I do is select it there in the collection and navigate
to where I want to be using View...Protocols. Pick the segment from the
list and open. If Protocols is grayed out, make sure you have configured
the gtmd daemon. By default it is not started.

Hi y'all!
Q: Selecting an event in "Events Display Application Main Workspace"
gives me the option to "Highlight node on map...".
Good and fine, but: If i've got the node in a collection, the collection
window pops up which is exactly NOT what i want.
I want the Network/Segment on my screen pronto!
Am still running NetView 4 on AIX 4.2.1.0. Any ideas?
Regards, Ralph.