RE: Polling is slow

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Polling is slow
From: Dean Sullinger <DSullinger@dot.state.az.us>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:41:29 -0700
> When you look at your netmon trace, try doing nslookup on the nodes which

Duuuuhhh... I don't know why I hadn't tried this yet...

I just tried several nslookups for devices in various places on our net (we
have a network of 18,500 devices, we only manage our routers, about 300),
the nslookups came back very quick.

This is starting to just look like we should rebuild Netview... I have 30
days worth of database on tape.  I could slap Sol7 on (ha ha, get a quick OS
upgrade on the fly also) and possibly just go ahead and move to Netview 6.x

Any thoughts?

 --
Dean Sullinger
Arizona Deptartment of Transportation

Email   : dean@dot.state.az.us
SMail   : 206 S. 17th Ave #119A  Phx  Az  85007-3212
Internet: http://www.dot.state.az.us