Re: some sco servers randomly reboot when netview is running nearby

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: some sco servers randomly reboot when netview is running nearby
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 00:57:05 -0400
If anyone has seen this, I am sure they will answer. I have not. But it
must be something about the snmp agents on the sco servers. It is not
normal, of course. You might try defining them to Netview as non-snmp.
You can do this by updating the /usr/OV/conf/oid_to_type file and adding
the I flag, which tells Netview to treat them as non-snmp. It will take a
stop/start of netmon to make the change take effect.

Detroit

"Jin SU Qian" <qianj@cn.ibm.com>@tkg.com on 05/25/2001 06:43:28 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com