Re: Netview java client

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview java client
From: Thomas Younse <thomas.younse@centurytel.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:34:11 -0500
Hey group (first post)!

Question:  Netview 6.0.1 and AIX 4.3.3

Is it possible with the Netview Java client to customize the display on
a per user basis? I've looked through the documentation but can't find
where the file would be to accomplish this.  The reason for the request
is that I have some users at the NSC that wanted to have an alert
display that was specific to their Collection and also have the Java
client come up to their Submap upon launching.  Is this possible?

Can I customize the map that gets launched upon that user logging in
and/or what submap is displayed by default? Can I display a specific
event window for that user based on a different ruleset than the default
one? Are there any other customizations that can be made for a specific
login id with the web client?  Last question, is it possible to run the
client on a Win98 machine?  I've tried and I get syntax errors and
environment variable space issues.  I've expanded the environment space
but don't know what else to adjust.  Just curious and thanks for any
answers, in advance!

--

***Guilt, the gift that keeps on giving!***

Regards,

Thomas Younse
Network Analyst - Operations Planning

CenturyTel, Inc.