RE: ! sign in netmon seed file (sun db cluster)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: ! sign in netmon seed file (sun db cluster)
From: BAUDOUX BERNARD <bernard.baudoux@fortisbank.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:43:40 +0200
Laurens,

perhaps what you could also do is define your Sun machines in your seed file
with the dollar ($) prefix.   Netmon will then use SNMP (compare
ifOperStatus and ifAdminStatus) instead of using pings to determine the
status of those interfaces.
If ifOperStatus and ifAdminStatus are equal, then I think NetView will not
display then as down.

perhaps worth trying...
let us know.
Bernard Baudoux