Re: NMC user profiles

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NMC user profiles
From: Paul Sandler <paul@swebs.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:09:23 -0700
Luigino,  View building is best done using Visual Build Views, VBV.  This
tool is included on the NetView 1.3 CD.  Once you have used VBV to help
build special views, you will love it.  The tool has two components.  One
that must be uploaded to the mainframe, and another that sits on any NT or
OS2 PC.  I have loaded VBV on a number of PCs at my location and have
trained a number of the user groups on its use.  Usually, I build new views
and the user groups maintain the views as necessary.

We use the NMC to watch IP, SNA, Token Rings, Mainframe Subsystems and mainframes. We are now IPLing the mainframes using Systems Automation (SA) through the NMC. SA provides the NMC with all the mainframes applications, tape mounts and WTORs.

I am planning to visit my friends in Tortona later this year. Where are you located? I would be happy to spend a day with you if you are in the Northern part of Italy.

Paul