Adding Nodes to IPMap

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Adding Nodes to IPMap
From: Ingleson Peter <peter.ingleson@ncmgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 13:34:42 +0200
Hello,

I wonder if someone can shed some light on the problem I seem to be having
adding nodes to a network segment. I've manually created an IP Network,
followed by a bus network. When I try to add a device to this map via Edit -
Add - Object - drag and drop multiport, selecting IP Map,  I see the
following error, IP Map will not recognise a node on this submap. For some
reason it appears than the network segment I have created is not part of the
IP Map. When I look at the object capabilities IPmap is set to false.

I'm going to modify the seed file and turn on auto discovery which I suspect
will solve this problem, but I would be interested in the short term to get
this working. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

(Using NetView v6, on aix 4.3.2)

Many Thanks
Peter Ingleson
NCM - Global Infrastructure

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If
message to anyone.  In such a case, you should destroy this message and
kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail.