Clear Databases: Clear object/topology/map databases, save custom izatio

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Clear Databases: Clear object/topology/map databases, save custom izations
From: Montoya Vincent-O10501 <Vincent.Montoya@motorola.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:45:24 -0700
All,
NetView 6.02

We want to rediscover interfaces (thousands) and unmanage them via the
loadhosts utility. Therefore, we want to start discovery from scratch so that
we can put  the interfaces in a unmanaged state from the get go. Hence, I ran
clear database (save customizations) from serversetup and when it was completed
netview daemons such ovtopmd, ems_sieve_agent, and ems_log_agent would not
start up (ovstart). We ended up having to restore /usr/OV to get NetView
running again. Are there any steps (procedures) that I should have done prior
to wiping out the database so that netview will be happy when restarted? Or are
there any bugs I should be aware of in 6.02?

Vince