Re: Problems with installing NV6.0.2 and configuring TEC logfile adapter

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problems with installing NV6.0.2 and configuring TEC logfile adapter
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:07:23 -0400
Ken -
I have installed 6.0.2 several times, on several different boxes and I
never saw anything like your problems and no one else has reported anything
like this to my group.   I have no explanation for how a binary could
disappear.

I would call Support and get a current pmd at your earliest opportunity,
and I would restore netmon and pursue why he does not start.  netmon fixes
are the biggest set of changes in 6.0.2. So running a back-level netmon is
pointless and dangerous.   Did you see error messages when you did
ovstatus?  Anything in netmon.trace?  Is snmpd running?

The problem is TEC is likely due to the fact that you do not have the
correct pre-reqs on your TEC system already.  TEC ships with a couple other
baroc files which are pre-reqs to the nvserverd stuff.  Perhaps some TEC
guy can tell you exactly what files to load first, but I would go look for
the tecad_nv6k.baroc , which was originally shipped with TEC for their own
adapter, before they stopped supporting it.  If that is not there, then try
the   baroc file for OpenView, tecad_hpov.baroc.  Both o those define the
OVCategoryE , and probably whatever else  you are missing for the filters.
I am not certain, because this is TEC, but you may need to load the
tecad_snmp.baroc first to load either of those.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Ken Garst <Ken.Garst@kp.org>@tkg.com on 06/22/2001 01:46:10 PM