Ruleset fo paging certain nodes afterhours

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Ruleset fo paging certain nodes afterhours
From: "Chan, Jack" <jack.chan@nz.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 23:21:39 -0500
Hi List,

I have a rule set as follows:

Event Stream --> node down trap --> Inline Action --> Action --> Forward

where Inline Action runs a script to check current time and hostname of node
down,
then Action pages to a pager.

THE PROBELM: the Inline Action script is running TWICE, once straight after
another, then the Action (paging) runs twice as well. I do not know why!?

The reason why I have Inline Action is I only want to support certain nodes
for afterhours. So I run a script to check a hostname file and the current
time.

I have checked:
1. Options --> event configuration
2. My rule by having a branch off 'node down trap', that only executes once.

Any ideas??

Thanks.

Jack.