RE: Ruleset fo paging certain nodes afterhours

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Ruleset fo paging certain nodes afterhours
From: "Chan, Jack" <jack.chan@nz.unisys.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 21:16:26 -0500
Hi Brain,

Do you have any idea why it is doing that??

I switched on logging with "nvcdebug -d rules/all", I can just see the
script is being run twice (in nvcorrd.alog), if I have another action branch
off node down trap, it only executes once. I.e.

Event Stream-->node down trap--> Inline Action(execute
twice)-->Action(twice)--> Forward
                             \--> Action (execute once)--> Foward

I am reluctant to put the threshold node in the rule to filter the SAME
event, just in case node down happens for two DIFFERENT nodes at the same
time(same sec). Will that happen anyway?

thanks, Jack.