RE: xnmtrap application

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: xnmtrap application
From: Ingleson Peter <peter.ingleson@ncmgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:41:06 +0200
James,

The problem was not actually with xnmtrap or nvevents, there was a problem
with the DNS lookup for my network equipment which seemed to be causing
snmpcollect to reach its maximum number of outstanding events, this was also
the case for ovtopmd and netmon. All these daemons also disconnected from
trapd, which resulted in the lack of events. I think the situation described
below was purely coincidental. Thanks for the thoughts anyway.

Peter