Re: TIPN across TMRs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: TIPN across TMRs
From: Gareth_Holl@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:04:19 -0400
Installing the TIPN Framework patch should have nothing to do with
Inventory so I'm surprised that you received that error message. As for
using TIPN across TMRs, I have not tested it but I believe there are TIPN
features that will work across TMRs like "Tivoli Discovery" for example
which is part of the Tivoli Network Diagnostics component of TIPN.

In case this is the problem, the Framework TIPN patch must be installed
before any other TIPN component. If you are reinstalling TIPN, you must run
the TIPN remove scripts first.

Gareth Holl
Software Engineer
gholl@tivoli.com

Tivoli Systems / IBM Corporation
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.    1-800-TIVOLI-8

No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously

"Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>@tkg.com on 06/29/2001
02:45:28 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com