TDS can't export NetView Queries PMR 40003

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: TDS can't export NetView Queries PMR 40003
From: John Mackney <john.mackney@uk.logical.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:39:07 +0100
All,

I am trying to use TDS to report on NetView. I am migrating NetView Topology
and TRAP data to an Oracle RDBMS. However the Support Guides I was shipped
with TDS try to execute queries against table or views that just do not seem
to exist in my database.

The TDS cubes I have are called
-       NetView Events
-       NetView Events by Smartset
-       nv_unix_avail
-       nv_unix_avails
-       Unix SnmpData
-       Unix SnmpData by Collection

When building any of these cubes I receive the following error:
e.g. from the NetView Events cube:
   Error 40002 - Error exporting query - eventsQuery:
   Error Number: 942 - S0002:
   [Oracle][ODBC][ORA]ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

e.g. from the vv_unix_avail cube:
   Error 40002 - Error exporting query - availabilityQueryUnix:
   Error Number: 942 - S0002:
   [Oracle][ODBC][ORA]ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

etc. etc...

Example of a query trying to be exported is: select * from  ?[DB
qualifier].eventOwners
THERE IS NO TABLE OR VIEW OR COLUMN CALLED eventOwners IN MY DATABASE!!!
Likewise there are no tables, views or columns relating to any of the
queries in any of the network support guides I have loaded

This leads me to suspect that I have missed out some vital step, or that I
have not executed some NetView DB schema, or that I do not have the correct
Support Guides for TSD . Here's what I have done:

In Oracle:
Created an Oracle 8i database (on a Sun Solaris 2.8 system)
Installed an Oracle 8i client on my NetView server  (Sun Solaris 8i)
Created IP Topology, trapd.Log and snmpCollect tables in the RDBMS using
schema sql files supplied with the NetView Databases 6.0 product

In NetView:
Transferred Topology Data from NetView to the RDBMS
Transferred trapd.Log Data to the RDBMS

In NT:
Installed the Oracle 8i ODBC Data Source
Created a System DSN to connect to my NetView RDBMS database

In TDS:
Installed the following Support Guides on my NT server:
-       Network Event Analysis
-       Network Element Performance
-       Network Segment Performance
Installed Tivoli Decision Support V2.1
Installed TDS Patch 2.1-TDS-0006
Assigned my NetView ODBS Data Source to the imported support guides
Tested connectivity from TDS to the NetView RDBMS (works)
Tried to build the cubes - and got the "Error Exporting Query" message!!

I've seen a lot of this type of problem reported in "Ask Tivoli", but no
solutions. Anyone: know what I'm doing wrong / not doing / got answers to
this problem?

Much obliged
John

John Mackney