Client does not reflect Server MAP changes

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Client does not reflect Server MAP changes
From: John Mackney <john.mackney@uk.logical.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 10:55:22 +0100
We have a NetView server (running on SUN Solaris 2.8) and a NetView client
(AIX 4.3.3). The client has the NetView server databases and conf
directories mounted with NFS.

The client only shows the correct state of the NetView Server MAP when a
manual refresh is performed. Shouldn't the client map update automatically.
When we first installed the client, the maps on the client and the server
stayed in synch. We can't explain why it doesn't happen now. We have severed
the client/server link and joined them up again, but it hasn't helped.

Any suggestions?

John Mackney
Technical Design Authority
Logical eBOC