Re: Client does not reflect Server MAP changes

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Client does not reflect Server MAP changes
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 07:16:07 -0400
If your client is running a read-only map, which means that one is up on
the server or on another client that has it read-write, then you will see
status chnages but not new additions to the map.  This is the limitation of
shared maps and has always been the case.  No new items and no alterations
will take place on a read-only map until it is refreshed, only color
chnages due to changing status.  This included no new interfaces cards and
no new items in a smartset collection.  Sorry to disappoint you but this is
entirely normal.

This is one big reason why many people prefer the web client, since it
continually publishes new copies of the server map all on its own.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

John Mackney <john.mackney@uk.logical.com>@tkg.com on 07/09/2001 05:55:22