RE: Discovering BayNetworks router in NetView 5.1.3

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Discovering BayNetworks router in NetView 5.1.3
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 17:50:16 -0400
Perhaps the Bay does not make as much noise as the Ciscos. Ping it.
I do not believe netmon -y actively forces discovery the way a stop and
start of netmon does. If the device is heard from, it will be added because
the revisited seedfile allows it; if it is not heard from, it will not be
added.
At restart, all entries are checked, forcing discovery. But generally there
is no difference between discovering Bays and discovering anything else.
Well.... sometimes it has trouble connecting those circuitless IPs!

Detroit

"Gebhart, Tom (CC-ETS Tools Services)"    <Tom.Gebhart@conagrafoods.com>
@tkg.com on 07/03/2001 05:31:06 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com