RE: Upgrading NetView 5.x to 6.02

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Upgrading NetView 5.x to 6.02
From: "Lemire, Mark" <mlemire@jhancock.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 09:29:20 -0400
I think I can answer that as we just went from 5.1.1 (Solaris) to 6.02.

You do first need to upgrade to Netview 6.0 (Upgrade Product), but then can
go directly to 6.02 (Update Patch), and bypass 6.01.

The database and maps will be migrated as part of the upgrade to 6.0.  Be
careful to first verify you have enough space on /usr since the install will
want to put the migration scripts there.  You can run a pre-install
verification script and a second script that will stage the database and
other customized files to a special directory (/usr/OV.back.v5r1) before
starting the actual Upgrade Product step.  I'd recommend doing that first --
we didn't the first time around and ran out of space on /usr, and had to
re-install Netview 5.1.1 before proceeding.

Mark Lemire
Sr. Consultant