Re: Web Client Performance

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Web Client Performance
From: reamd@Nationwide.com
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:31:22 -0400
Thanks Leslie,
                           I am running the browser and I downloaded the
Java 1.1.3-5. I am running Netscape 4.6..  I restarted Netscape and
verified that the cache is set for EVERY TIME and the cache memory is
5000KBytes. Disk Cache is 7680KBytes. I cleared Memory Cache and Disk
Cache. I restarted the Web Client and received the same symtoms. When
attempted to Acknowledge a device it does not respond. When I attempt to
drill down it hangs and I have to use Task manager to end the session. When
starting the Client I view the Java Console receive Connect to: Netview
Server
and when I open the Submap Explore I receive Opening
http://netviewserver:8080/netview/Ovwdb no proxy and receive the same
message when drilling down into the IP Internet Map (Don't know if that's
normal or not).. What is the difference between the browser and the
standalone and which is better?  Where can I find procedures for the
Standalone?   Thanks, Dave

                       "Leslie Clark"

                       <lclark@US.IBM.COM>  T