netmon -K 0 parameter

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: netmon -K 0 parameter
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 19:36:05 -0400
Kashif,
Scott is correct.
How did you get as far as you have without reading the release notes ?
This is copied directly from the v6.0.2 release notes, beginning on page 5

The Router Fault Isolation feature (also known as Event Suppression)
is now active by default in NetView. Router Fault Isolation attempts
to differentiate between nodes that are actually down and nodes that
are simply unreachable when the router servicing them is down. For
a detailed explanation of Router Fault Isolation, see the description
in /usr/OV/doc/RouterFaultIsolation.htm.  If this feature is not
desired, you can turn it off using the -K 0 option for netmon.
-K 0 | 1
0  Turn Router Fault Isolation OFF
1  Turn Router Fault Isolation ON.  This is the default.

Your RFI is turned OFF

Regards,
Don Davis