Re: Cisco VPN & NV

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Cisco VPN & NV
From: "Les Dickert" <lesdickert@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:18:48
What you want to do is exclude the
DHCP IP address ranges (scopes) from
netmon discovery by putting entries
in the seedfile, preceeded with a !

For example:

!128.30.52.1-255

Notice how you can use a range of addresses.

Unfortunately once netmon has discovered them,
it's kinda hard to make them go away.  I inherited
a database with thousands of them already discovered,
so when I got the seedfile right, I blew away the
database and did a fresh discovery (nv6000_smit automapgen).

Check the NetView Administrator's guide for
more details.

Les Dickert
Verisign Consulting