Re: tme10 [TEC] SNMP port 162

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: tme10 [TEC] SNMP port 162
From: Pieter_Van_Cauwenberghe@csi.be
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 21:21:34 +0200

Thanks James,

I configured trapd to forward some events to another port with the "-m
hostname+tcp/9000" parameter,
configured the TEC SNMP Adapter to listen on that port with the
"SNMP_TRAP_PORT=9000" environment setting
and get a (T) event saying that trapd can't connect to the remote service.
I have tried several combinations but it won't work, i think the TEC SNMP
Adapter always listens on a udp socket and trapd can only be configured to
forward to a tcp socket.
Do you think this is right?  Because in that case one can probably never
forward from NetViews trapd to the TEC SNMP Adapter even if they are on
seperate boxes!

I think i better route the Compaq CIM traps to a TEC SNMP Adapter on
another box, after all these have nothing to do with Network Management.

Pieter

"James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com> on 13/07/2001 00:13:34