RE: Color not propagating to submap

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Color not propagating to submap
From: "Chan, Jack" <jack.chan@nz.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 00:41:21 -0500
Hi Leslie,

Before the Netview upgrade to 6.02, we had 5.1, and colors of the copy and
pasted maps were propagating through. And 6.02 doesn't (e.g. router
interfaces - one red, one green, but router is GREEN, which was yellow
before the upgrade).

Please let me explain why we are using copy and pasted maps. It is because
we separates logical geographical branches for each clients. So we have a
generic object for each client, and under that, we have IP submaps of the
branch offices. So we did not use Smartsets.

Do you think it will help it I turn the router fault isolation off?
How else can I solve this color problem? It is affecting the daily operation
people, because they look at the map with all the customer's generic object.

Sorry for being a pain, thanks a lot for your help.

Jack Chan.
New Zealand, Enterprise System Management.