Re: frame relay frCircuitstate data collection

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: frame relay frCircuitstate data collection
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:26:09 -0400
Ajay, let me say first that when you do not get an answer on this
forum, it is usually because no one knows the answer. This forum is
for customers to help each other, it is not an official avenue of support.

There are limits to how snmpCollect deals with multi-part instance
identifiers, but I do not know offhand if what you are seeing is correct or
not. You may need to call Support. There are probably a couple of
workarounds. Perhaps the information is stored but not displayed. In
that case you could retrieve it with snmpColdump.  Or the MLM , which
comes free with Netview, can also do data collection and has different
capabilites. So that might be the way to go. And sometimes a mib expression
works better. For instance, a different mib expression for each instance
would
allow you to give each a different name. That would probably be a
cumbersome and inefficient approach.

So if no one answers here, as always ask Support. If their answer is
unacceptable, study up on the MLM. That is my advice.

Consider also that if you can ping the thing, the circuit must be up.
Many people do their up-time reporting based on reachability.

Detroit

Ajay Sachdeva/India/IBM@IBMIN@tkg.com on 07/26/2001 02:44:52 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com