RE: community name changes

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: community name changes
From: "Scott Barr" <scott_barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 07:45:21 -0500
I have seen this behavior and I am running 6.02. I changed global default
and left the community names file empty. Later, after doing initital
discovery I put my company-defined community string in and added nodes to
discovery. From time to time, I have to go in and whack the public entry. No
idea why this happens but the trigger is when I see routers sending in SNMP
authentication failure traps. I know there is something screwy here but I
haven't been able to make it happen in a controlled fashion.