Re: Deleting/acknowledging/Unmanaging Nodes

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Deleting/acknowledging/Unmanaging Nodes
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:21:19 -0400
It is best to acknowledge at the interface level, if your goal is to
make the map green at the top.  You can acknowledge at the node
level, but that red card will still propogate up to the top if you do.
This tends to hide problems, but if you have a Smartset of nodes
that are marginal or critical, they will still be in there, since Ack does
not change IP Status.

As for deleting, it depends on how much you want to delete. If you
delete a network, it will also delete the interfaces off the devices
that have interfaces on multiple networks, and also the whole
node for those nodes that only exist on that subnet. If you delete
a router, it will delete all of the interfaces for that router.

Detroit

"CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us>@tkg.com on
07/31/2001 08:40:26 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com