RE: Remove Field ID from Node?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Remove Field ID from Node?
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 17:36:35 -0400
Dean,
The readme is called the Programmers Guide, Chapter 7. Creating and Using
Objects and Fields.
It can be found in /usr/OV/books/C/pdf/ProgGuide.pdf.
If it is not there, you need to install the books from the NetView CD.

That said, the easy way to create a Boolean (True/False) field is to use
nvsniffer with a
custom nvsniffer.conf file.

Sample: "nvsniffer.klingon" file

isKlingon 9999 <none>

Then run nvsniffer -f nvsniffer.klingon.  nvsniffer will create a new field
in the object database called isKlingon. then it will try to find all of the
Klingons on your network with an active TCP port 9999 and set the value to
true. "<none>" is required to tell nvsniffer not to create a SmartSet too.
<CTRL-C> out of the nvsniffer (long running) command, unless you truly are
interested in finding Klingons on your network! :)

If you need a string field or anything more elaborate, crack the books.

Don Davis