RE: How to monitor a port on Cisco Catalyst switch !

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: How to monitor a port on Cisco Catalyst switch !
From: BAUDOUX BERNARD <bernard.baudoux@fortisbank.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:16:05 +0200
Hello Shella,

what do you mean with 'monitor the switch port' ?

Do you mean check the status (up/down) of this interface ?  Then netmon will
do that automatically for you.   If you want to receive specific traps
regarding this interface then you will have to configure the switch to send
traps to Netview.
If you want to be aware of the traffic going through this interface then you
will have to configure data collection.

Regards,
Bernard Baudoux
Phone: +32 (0)2/565.24.68