RE: node with status: unreachable

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: node with status: unreachable
From: William.Stringfellow@bankofamerica.com
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 09:57:45 -0700

Jack,
     Even after you turn off RFI, if the node is unreachable, NetView has no
way to find it's current status, so leaves it as it was 'last known to be'.
As Leslie said, you need to find out why it is isolated and fix that
problem.  Once you have done that, your system should replace the white icon
with a green one, and than reflect any future problems as yellow or red.

          Best of luck,
          Bill