Re: node with status: unreachable

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: node with status: unreachable
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 13:43:47 -0400
The white is because the Router Fault Isolator function is running, by
default. If you turn it off (see the release notes for 6.0.1), there is no
white, only red. You can read more about this function in the online
document RouterFaultIsolation.htm (not sure where it is, use find).
I just want to make sure you understand what causes the white before
you mask it.

Detroit

                    Oliver

                    Bruchhaeuser/Germany/Contr       To:     IBM NetView
Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>
                    /IBM@IBMDE                       cc:

                    Sent by:                         Subject:     Re: [NV-L]
node with status:
                    owner-nv-l@tkg.com                unreachable

                    08/07/01 08:02 AM

                    Please respond to IBM

                    NetView Discussion

A quick one to question 1:
Put the following line into /usr/OV/app-defaults/OVw
OVw*unreachableStatusColor:             red
But pay attention that it will only switch the color from white to red.
It will change nothing on the status propagation (unreachable isn't
propagated).

Kind regards
Oliver Bruchhaeuser

                    "Alvarez

                    Lavin,               To:     "Lista de Netview
(E-mail)" <nv-l@tkg.com>
                    Cristina"            cc:

                    <calvarezl@ibe       Subject:     [NV-L] node with
status: unreachable
                    rdrola.es>

                    Sent by:

                    owner-nv-l@tkg

                    .com

                    07.08.2001

                    12:35

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Hi list,
When a node in our network is unreachable from our NV server it comes
white.
I would like to know if it is posible to change this color to red.
I,ve been looking in the /usr/OV/app-defaults/OVw, but I can see no way of
doing it. Any idea?

Another question, In the current events aplication we`ve got lot of events
coming from routers with the following msg -> Trap found with no know
format
in trapd.conf, and the following -> NO FMT IN TRAPD.CONF:1.3.6.3.1.1.5.5. I
supose they are the same, but my question is, How can I managed for not
appearing in the future?

Thanks in advance.

Cristina Alvarez.

Este mensaje, incluyendo los ficheros que pudiera llevar como anexos,
puede contener información confidencial.
Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que borre de su
sistema inmediatamente el mensaje asi como todas sus copias, incluyendo
las posibles copias del mismo en su disco duro, notifique al remitente
y se abstenga de usar, revelar, distribuir a terceros, imprimir o
copiar ninguna de las partes de este mensaje. Gracias por su
cooperación