Re: Microsoft NT MIB

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Microsoft NT MIB
From: Bill Evans <wvevans@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 14:46:21 -0400
Look into the Web Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) out in MS land if
you really want to administer a Windows system from NetView.  It's
available as an add-on (SDK) from the MS site and built into Win2K and
Win98.  NVNT handles it nicely once it's installed.  Pretty much all the
content of the registry and the control panel are available through NV
when you get it running.

This is in addition to the default mibs in \winnt\system32 (same place
in Win2k).

Sun also has the WBEM released for their Solaris box. WBEM is
essentially the Desktop Management Task Force (DMTF) standards as
implemented and shipped.

Bill Evans