Re: 2212 APPN Memory Leak

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: 2212 APPN Memory Leak
From: W.M.de.Bruin@DNB.NL
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:37:19 +0200
Jon,

We had exactly the same problem. (A little bit off topic, but upgrading to
MASv.3.3 on IBM´s advice fixed this problem.)

To catch it in Netview, I did the following:
Create a MIB Collection. (Tools -> Data Collection & Thresholds) I checked
on the following instance: 1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.2.13.1.7.2 You don´t have to
save the data.
A collection has functionality to send a trap on certain pre-defined
thresholds. Define the thresholds, edit the traps a bit and watch them
appear.

Good luck,
Wouter de Bruin
Network Management Consultant

`Externe E-Mail wordt door DNB niet gebruikt voor het aangaan van
verplichtingen`

`Any e-mail messages from The Nederlandsche Bank are given in good faith
but shall not be binding nor shall they be construed as constituting any
obligation