Re: Monitor Cisco ports on layer 2 devices

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Monitor Cisco ports on layer 2 devices
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:27:46 -0400
No. The only layer 2 that Netview will draw is for some HP hubs, as that
vendor-specific information was in the product when we licensed the code
from HP many years ago.

Detroit

                    "Allie M Tate"

                    <allie@lsu.edu       To:     IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    >                    cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     [NV-L] Monitor Cisco
ports on layer
                    owner-nv-l@tkg        2 devices

                    .com

                    08/15/01 01:47

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

I believe that this question has been asked but not completely answered.  I
would like to be able monitor the actual ports on cisco devices,
specifically the cisco 6509 acting as a layer 2.  Ideally I would like to
drill down to some map that has these ports listed much like the interfaces
on that device.  Is this possible through NetView?

Allie M. Tate
Office of Telecommunications
Louisiana State University