Re: SUBMAP EXPLOYER ???

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: SUBMAP EXPLOYER ???
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@Princeton.EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:23:08 -0400
Leslie Clark wrote:

> I have never seen or heard of that happening.  What platform, what version?
> Multiple maps? Has it cleared up yet?
>
> Cordially,
>
> Leslie A. Clark
> IBM Global Services - Systems Mgmt & Networking
> Detroit
>

>                     Jeff Fitzwater
>                     <jfitz@Princet       To:     netview users <nv-l@tkg.com>
>                     on.EDU>              cc:
>                     Sent by:             Subject:     [NV-L] SUBMAP EXPLOYER
> ???
>                     owner-nv-l@tkg
>                     .com
>

>                     08/17/01 12:19
>                     PM
>                     Please respond
>                     to IBM NetView
>                     Discussion
>

> Solaris 6
> NV 6.02
>
> My SUBMAP EXPLOYER does not reflect the map that the unix GUI has.
>
> The topology has changed in the last couple of days and did change in the
> unix GUI, but when I open the SUBMAP EXPLOYER from the pull-down menu the
> map is old and does not seem to update.
>
> Found nothing in user-group archieves about  this problem.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks  for any help.
>
> Jeff Fitzwater
> CIT Systems & Networking
> Princeton University

Thanks for the reply Leslie.

The problem has been fixed.   What happened was I had made a major cutover of
some
of my subnets on one router to a another one, both of which were already on the
map.   When I ran a demand poll on each router to update their configs the X-GUI
changed imediatly.   When I opened the submap exployer the old map was still
there,
even after a day.   So I figured it had to be something in a cached database for
the JAVA submap exployer.    I could not find any doc on the submap exployer
details so the next best thing was the database.

I performed a "Resolve database inconsistancies" from the SERVER SETUP window
and
that fixed the submap exployer.

Oh and the revision I am running is NV 6.02 on Sol 2.6, but I did put it at the
top
of my mail.

You were the only one to respond, so I guess it must have been something I
should
have known.

Thanks again.