Re: unreachable

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: unreachable
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:11:02 -0400
This may be completely wrong, but is it possible that the line
you are looking at is 'Highlighted', and not white/unreachable?
Try 'View...Highlights...Undo Highlights'. That highlight might
be created as the result of a locate.

Detroit

                    JWhite

                    <JWhite@PEC.co       To:     "IBM NetView Discussion
(E-mail)"
                    m>                    <nv-l@tkg.com>

                    Sent by:             cc:

                    owner-nv-l@tkg       Subject:     [NV-L] unreachable

                    .com

                    08/21/01 04:35

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Is there any logic if I have a link to a server as a white(unreachable)
link, but the device is green(node up)?  Also when I test both the white
link and green server object I get a response back that the device is
alive.  But from the eye's of TEC, the device is down and remains open.
And the only thing I noticed that doesn't look right is the fact that the
link is white not black.

-Jin