Re: Change Symbol Type Problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Change Symbol Type Problem
From: "Gareth Holl" <gholl@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:58:28 -0400
NetView (netmon) is doing a "Configuration Check" which it does daily by
default and this is returning the symbol back to it's original, probably
based on the "oid_to_sym" file. One way of preventing this is to set a map
option from the GUI as follows:
File->Describe Map...
Choose "IP Map" to be configured and click the button "Configure For This
Map..."
Set the last option, "Should IP Map override user symbol customization" to
False.

Hope this helps,

Gareth Holl
Software Engineer
gholl@us.ibm.com

Tivoli Systems / IBM Corporation
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.

"Enriquez Bolio,C-Raul,MEXICO,INFO" <C-Raul.Enriquez@mx.nestle.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@tkg.com
08/22/2001 01:20 PM
Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion